Friday, May 3, 2013

My first Storybird

I liked so much Dr. Joyce shared with us this wonderful tool. It is very entertained and innovative that stimulates creativity. It is a very useful tool that teachers can use to make more interesting and dynamic a reading class. Also, it would be excellent as tool children can use to motivate creativity while improving writing and reading skills. A difference of other technology tools we learned during the semester, this one took me a little more time to understand. From my perspective, I would not use it for children on grade K-2. It could be frustrating to them because from my point of view, the accommodation of the content depends on the ability to move the mouse. I experimented on sometimes that it was complicated to fix the images until I find the trick to position them and drop it in one specific point to avoid that was set up no much big or not too much small. This is why I think that it should be used by students with more control of the use of the mouse.

However, for me it was a great experience. I know the assignment required 20 pages, but I run out of images related to my topic.  I hope Dr. Joyce can evaluate that even I missed some pages, I learned how to use it and find the benefit of apply it at classroom as an alternative to improve literacy skills.
 
Cecy

No comments:

Post a Comment